Saturday, August 31, 2013

Some Thoughts on Life

Over my thirty-one years of life I have been through a lot of bad situations, and good ones. Through those experiences I have learned that you can not have love without knowing hate and you can not have happiness if you do not know sadness. If we never felt hate how would we know the opposite? I've also learned that life is cruel and that cruelty has no end. Yes, we may go without it for a time, but it will without a doubt show its grotesque face again. 

Most of us question why things happen the way they do and we wonder why they happen to us- we wrack our brains and make ourselves sick trying to figure it out. We think that if we know the "why" that it will make things better, but I'm here to tell you it doesn't help. It doesn't erase what happened or what didn't happen. For example, I had a friend that was murdered at nineteen years old, and knowing that she was murdered because a boy wanted to know what it felt like to take a life, doesn't make it better. We search for answers, but we don't need them.

Do you want to know why things happen, all things? You have heard it before. The answer is quite simple and very unsatisfying. 

Everything happens for a reason. It happened because it was supposed to.

Some may ask, how can I think that my nineteen year old friend was supposed to die. Well, fact is, it was supposed to happen, no matter how bad it hurts. I wish it had been someone I didn't know. It wasn't at all fair to her or her family. Unfortunately, cruelty doesn't care about being fair. 

Just as my friend was supposed to die, I was supposed to go through hell as child. It was supposed to happen to get me to where I am today. Maybe everything I went through was for my girls, so that I might be a good mom instead of an okay mom. Maybe I didn't end up with my first love because he wouldn't be able to handle what I have asked of husband. Maybe my friend had to die in order to save the lives of three people with her organs. 

The whys and maybes don't matter. It is what it is and it will be what it will be. 

Whatever your situation is with your journey, or whatever problem you might be enduring, it is exactly what it is supposed to be. 

For those of you that are unhappy, I am truly and deeply sorry, but it will not be like this forever and you will not always feel this way. Even if you don't see a light, it is there. And for those of us that are happy, we must enjoy the good in everyday because tomorrow cruelty might be knocking on our door. 

Where you should go from here is something I can not help you with, but wherever you choose to go, it is exactly where you should be going. 


18 comments:

  1. Misty- this post cane at a great time for me. thank you. you said it so eloquently. i need to stop asking for answers to my whys and start realizing the lesson it is teaching me. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it came when you needed it!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this.. Happy tears. :) beautifully put!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Misty, I needed to read this today,...it has not been the best of years for me family. I have always believed that somehow I have always ended up exactly where i should be....not necessarily where i wanted to be.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you when it comes to being where we should and not where we want! It can be so frustrating at times, lol.
      I'm sorry to hear that it hasn't been the best year but like I said it won't always be so bad. Hope things get better soon!

      Delete
  4. Misty, so sad to hear about such a tragic loss. Your post is so very true. It's the trials that we face in that give us a greater appreciation for life and the peope in it. We are never promised tomorrow. On top of several really life changing events that happened in my early 20a, I lost my sister just a few years ago. The pain never really goes away but I know she would want me to live life to the fullest. Thank you for your post:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry to hear that about your sister. I know that has to be hard, I can't imagine. I can see how that would inspire you to live life to the fullest.

      Thank you so much or reading!!

      Delete
  5. Misty!

    WOW that was deep and so very true. I am a true believer that everything happens for a reason, we might not always know or understand it....but there is a reason. You have put it so beautifully.

    I'm sorry that you had some horrible things happen to you in your life, but like you said, it has definitely made you who you are.

    Subrina <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used to feel bad for myself and it was very unhealthy, thank goodness I found a light somewhere along the way! :)

      Delete
  6. Great post!!! I try very hard not to ask why. Like you said it does now good and it doesn't really matter. It is what it is. And knowing why won't necessarily make it easier. :)
    Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! Sometimes it is hard not to ask why but in the end I realize that it doesn't matter.

      Delete
  7. Very powerful post and my heart goes to you with major hugs on the tragic lost of your friend.

    I like to question the "whys". I think there is a lot to learn in wondering "Why?'. For my part, I don't think "because its supposed to happen" is the whole complete picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do have a point. I want to agree with you, I do, but I'm having trouble. :) I do like to know the "whys" when it comes to science, cause and effect, etc., but when it comes to this type of stuff I really don't think it matters. I will have to think on it further to figure out if that holds true all the time.

      Thanks for reading and the comment!

      Delete
  8. This is really a lovely post Misty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely post. Everything does happen for a reason. Sometimes it's obvious at the time, sometimes not until later. My favorite thing is when right in the middle of a difficult time there is a clear and obvious and dramatic sign showing you that you're exactly where you're supposed to be. It doesn't happen that way often, but it's happened to me during a few of the most difficult times of my life. And because it is so clear when it happens, it give you faith to know that's how it works all the time.

    ReplyDelete

I like views, but I love comments, so... say something, would ya'?