Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Where we are now

Yesterday, I was a wreck! I kept wondering if I made an epic mistake that would ruin this great thing we have going on. I wanted to try to talk about it again and, at the same time, I wanted to ask him if we could just forget about it. I tried to keep my mind off of it but not even a 5 mile run would do the trick. I let my mind go to crazy places and I knew it was silly but come on, this is huge. 

He didn't bring it up until we were in bed but thank goodness he did. I did my best to clearly explain and I think we are closer to being on the same page. 

When I told him that I want him to use the control he uses in our bed outside of our bed he said, "That's all you were saying?!" Yes, you silly man! I like it when you tell me what to do and correct me when I don't! I also told him that I didn't want him to be a different person, I just want him to be him. I know he holds himself back from saying things in fear from hurting me and, up until recently, I liked that because I felt like I was winning. Many other things were said but I think you get the gist. 

I know we need to talk more about punishment but I think I'm going to give him some time before we go there.


I'm relieved but curious/worried about what is going through his head.  






4 comments:

  1. Hi Misty!
    I'm glad that you guys talked about it and are getting on the same page. Don't stop now...keep communicating. He is not a mind reader (and neither are you) and you need to tell him what you want. It can be very scary but in the end there will be no wondering. If you are curious/worried then you need to talk to him. Most women have a tendency to try and GUESS what he is thinking and then they let their mind get away from them. That's when we start ASSuming things. If you keep communicating you won't have to assume anything. Dont' give up, keep trying and you will find that once you start being open and honest with each other, it will become easier and easier.

    Hugs
    Subrina <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do try to guess what he is thinking and it does get to me! It's so gosh darn hard to be open but I think we will get better at it.

      Delete
  2. Glad to see that it's working out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, communication. Works almost every time :)

    ReplyDelete

I like views, but I love comments, so... say something, would ya'?