Monday, September 9, 2013

I. Am. A. Dork.

I can't help but laugh at myself. 

Yesterday, in the span of 5 hours I went from frustrated, to angry, then self pity, and finally happyness.  

Our morning started out with our oldest sleeping between us (she has a special talent for crawling onto our bed without waking us up) so there was no cuddling, fondling, what have you. I didn't realize it at the time but I now see that is how I became frustrated. I wanted him to touch me. I really didn't care what kind of a touch it was, a hug would have sufficed. 

I tried to get him to sit down on the couch and have coffee with me, if only to sit beside him, but no go, he had things to do. Things that had to be done yesterday because he is working out of town again this week. So I was totally unjustified in getting angry. I thought I was keeping it all hidden but turns out Mr. S knew something was wrong. Then, I got the "woe is me" feeling. I just want a hug. He can't even sit with me for one minute. I'm going to be alone all week and I can't even get a slap on the butt. You know, that kind of stuff. 

I was making lunch, the girls were playing, and he finally touched me. It was a fondling, what have you kind of touch. I was much better after that and quickly realized how ridiculous I was being. A whole morning of emotions over a touchYep, (*raises hand*) I am the dork.

Embrasing the dorkyness in me.


4 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how many times I have to tell myself in situations like that to "accept with grace and poise". I must be a dork too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace and poise, I need to work on that!

      Delete
  2. I know how you feel. When it comes to my guy, it's amazing how riled up I can get up when I feel slighted. I hate that feeling! The highs and lows with him are some much more extreme with him than anywhere else in my life because it is one of the few times I really let myself be vulnerable. Sometimes it's enough to make a girl feel like she is crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It makes more sense when you say it that way :)

      Delete

I like views, but I love comments, so... say something, would ya'?