Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pointless Post

Tomorrow we will begin our annual 1300 mile journey to my home state. Did you know we have a four year old and an almost two year old? Well, we do, and all of us will be making this journey in our car. It beats paying $2000 to fly us all there but I have to admit I'm a little worried. I always get this way before we travel, be it by air or land, and it always turns out much better than I anticipated. 

This year things have been different. I haven't made a list of what we need to bring; usually I start a list two week prior to our trips. I have yet to pack a single item. But the biggest difference is that I'm not looking forward to this trip, in fact I would rather not go. 

I'm tired of our vacations -if you can even call it a vacation- consisting of going from house to house and being pulled in two different directions the whole time. I'm tired of seeing how much my mom still drinks, despite her being diabetic. I'm tired of my grandmother, whom has Alzheimer's, going through our bags and taking our things, for instance our tooth brushes (yuck!). I'm just tired of all of it. 

Also, this trip will be the first time my four-legged son will not be with us... I miss him so terribly much... so that sucks. 

I really don't have a point to this post, I just wanted to whine a little. Sorry to waste your time :)

12 comments:

  1. have safe travels....you will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in dealing with all that. Be safe and try to enjoy the time with your husband and kids:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm going to need the luck.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry that you are not looking forward to this trip. I HATE the holidays...from Oct - March....Hang in there and try to have a little fun. And since you have started TTWD I would trust your Master that he is going to keep you safe from all drama!!!! You will truly be missed....how long do we have to go without you??

    Subrina <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sure he will try but I don't know if the drama will be avoidable lol.

      We will be back the Sunday after Thanksgiving, so not too long. Hopefully I will be able to pop in a few times while we're gone, if only just to read.

      Delete
  4. Awe Misty, I'm sorry too that you aren't looking forward to the trip and really hope it turns out to be better than you anticipate and that you have some fun along the way.

    Travel safe. We will miss you.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roz. Can't say it's going better but it's not worse.

      Delete
  5. Misty,

    Wishing you safe travels.
    That obligation travel thing, can be awfully hard when you just don't want to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bleuame, it was so hard to get in the car and many times I wanted to tell Master to turn around. I really need to find something positive to focus on (and fix my attitude) or the next five days are going to be hell.

      Delete
  6. Why ever would one want to have a blog if they couldn't go there to whine?? Best place ever imho.

    I hope your trip goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lil. I'm glad I can come here to vent even if it isn't kink related!

      Delete

I like views, but I love comments, so... say something, would ya'?