Sunday, November 3, 2013

The New Mr. S

I'm sure all of you have been sitting on the edge of your seat wondering what I'm going to call Mr. S from now on. What's that you say? You weren't sitting on the edge of your seat? *gasp* I'm shocked!!

Mr. S and I have been debating over the new name since my last post -which, by the way, he only brought up "The Mean One" after reading it, go figure- well, I guess, "debating" is probably not the right word, it's more like he knows what he wants and I've been try to convince him he wants something else. 

Do you see the mistake I've been making here? Of course you do. You would think I would've seen it too but, nope, not Misty. Thank goodness I wised up after talking it through with a fellow blogger but, apparently, I haven't wised up enough. Even though I've stopped trying to convince him he wants something else, I have resorted to asking if he is absolutely sure that is what he wants. He is not budging. My white flag has been raised; hence this post.

I thought he would want to be called Daddy but Daddy is not an issue, for the time being. Phew.

I am glad to stop using Mr. S because every time I use my phone to post, it changes the S to an A, which is a pain in the ass.

I'm stalling, can you tell? 

My reasoning for not wanting to calling him this is extremely silly. It's not that I don't like the name, I don't mind hearing all of you say it, it just feels foreign to me. I even tried to write a post last night using it but it feels so strange that I didn't post it. 

Ugh! Alright! 

Master. He wants me to call him Master. 


Update: After rereading this I realize that all of you might think I don't want to call him this just because it feels strange but that's not the only reason, and as my reasoning doesn't really matter I don't see the need to explain. Just wanted to clear that up :)

12 comments:

  1. Personally I prefer Master to Daddy - in the bedroom Master is what P goes by. I'm sure it will come naturally to you after a while, give it time.
    hugs
    DF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you there, Master is the best of the two.

      Delete
  2. (((HUGS))) give it time, after a while name ceases to have its old connotations so much and instead becomes associated in your mind with the person to whom it applies xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I promise you will get used to it. It feels awkward at first, almost like you just would rather whisper it. Honestly, using it in writing does help:)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That's what it is like! I'm trying to write...

      Delete
  4. Misty I totally understand how you're feeling. I struggle with calling Mr. D Sir. It's so strange to me and so foreign. But I do notice a gleam in his eye or a sparkle when I do call him Sir. I guess it will get easier but for right now it's just weird!

    Can I ask you.....was this name, Master, something he decided or did you decide together? Are you only going to call him Master here or in your real life as well? And is this his name from now on....you will only call him Master?

    Sorry for all the questions......you can tell me it's none of my business and I promise you won't hurt my feelings! I'm just curious!

    Subrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, after last night I do see some benefit in calling him Master ;). Not that it makes it easier.

      As for you questions, ask away I don't mind one bit! This name was ALL him, I only reluctantly agreed. He wants me to use it all the time, except in front of our girls, and I'm sure it's going to be this way for the unforeseeable future.

      Delete
  5. Hey Misty, I hope it will become more and more comfortable for you over time.

    We do use Daddy and it did feel very strange at first and took some time to get used to, but as Subrina said, I too notice the glean in his eye when I use it. For us it's more about reinforcing our roles than our relationship dynamic as such. Funnily enough, we used to use Master in play, but that has diminished since introducing Daddy.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Besides the fact that he just likes being called Master, I think that is exactly what his goal was, to reinforce my place. I have to admit it might work; sometimes I hate when he's right.

      Delete
  6. I'm just reading some old posts on your blog here and noticed this one. I can imagine it being difficult to call someone Master who you've known a long time and called by his name, or whatever other terms of endearment. I started calling Master that at the very beginning of our relationship, never once called him anything else, so it was much easier. But it does still seem a teensy bit silly at times when I say it directly to him, even though in my head when I'm thinking about him that's what I call him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiklish, it still doesn't feel right and as you can see it has been over a month (ummm, where did time go) since this started. But, I don't use it all the time which I'm sure has something to do with it. One day it will feel right... maybe ;)

      Delete

I like views, but I love comments, so... say something, would ya'?