Monday, December 9, 2013

Found

I lost something along the way. It could have fallen out on that bumpy road, stolen by a monster, or I might have even given it away unknowingly.

I lost it without knowing that I did so. How are you supposed to find something you didn't know you lost in the first place? You might stumble upon it, if you are lucky. I happen to be one of the lucky.

Turns out that it was crucial to me, what I lost, like water in the desert. I was starting to fade without it, and had it not been for one heart pushing me along I would have faded completely.

I spent many years wondering from place to place searching for answers to unknown questions. Trying to make sense of myself. Trying to make sense of my past. Trying to find my future.

Then I fell upon what I had lost. It was like finding a flashlight in a deep cave. I wasn't prepared for what I would see -one can not be prepared for such things- but no time was wasted before I turned on the light. I had no choice really. After all, who would continue to be surrounded by darkness if a light was there to be turned on?

The light burned my eyes and tears fell, washing away much more than I anticipated. However, once the tears stopped and the light became bearable, I was able to see that which was lost but was there the whole time...

Me.

18 comments:

  1. This is a lovely piece of writing....finding your way, peace, the light, all of it...magical!
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a poignant post. i enjoyed reading this. glad you found YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely way to express your journey. glad you found you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DF! I'm glad I found me too.

      Delete
  4. Love this! A lot!!! So proud of you!!! You do realize the possibilities will be flying at you now that you have opened yourself, resigned yourself, and let the past go (well, to a degree).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks HS! Oh the possibilities... :)

      Delete
  5. beautifully written and so personal.

    and im sure very liberating for you, to finally have founf 'you'.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks tori! It is liberating beyond belief.

      Delete
  6. This is so beautiful and poignant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you left a link for this for me to read. So wonderfully written, Misty. It's often hard to find those words that describe when we are truly found... but you did, so perfectly. I very much enjoyed reading this. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. brat, thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it. It was hard to put into words what it felt like...

      Delete

I like views, but I love comments, so... say something, would ya'?