Monday, December 30, 2013

New Year, New Possibilities

It seems as if everything is changing. 

In about a week Master will be jobless and we will be on our own. I keep having to remind myself that this is really happening; we are really going to start our own business. I have a list of things that need to be done, but a lot of things can't be done until other things are done, and it is driving me crazy. I'm ready to be rich (a girl can dream, right?) but I am fearful of starving to death (ridiculous thinking). 

My girls are growing up, which brings changes of the good kind (NO MORE DIAPERS) and changes of the scary kind (getting closer to teen years every day).

Then we have changes with Master and I, which some are a bit hard to describe. Things that were okay are not okay anymore, or maybe they were never okay but I never noticed... or cared to notice. They are changes of the subtle kind but, yet, they are victories that push us further down this road. There are also changes that are easly explained because they evolve my wrists and ankles being bound to our new, handmade!, spreader bar. Oh and, can't forget, the sock... in my mouth. 

I don't want to give the impression that everything has been easy going these past couple weeks, because it hasn't. There have been times that I have fallen far from where I want to be. 

Even though positive moments and negative moments have varying effects, I learn from them just the same. I need them both in my life in order to grow and to move closer to the person that I want to be. And what a great feeling it is to have this realization!

I know this new year is full of unknowns but I'm ready to tackle these unknowns... with a happy heart and a sock in my mouth... 

But lets hope it is not a dirty sock...

12 comments:

  1. Misty, I wish you so much luck in all the adventures that await you this year. Your comment about the dirty sock made me laugh out loud and almost choke on my drink;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, little girl. It has been a long time since I've been excited for a new year but this year I can't wait to see what happens.

      Delete
  2. LOL @ dirty sock...careful that might give someone an idea! You seem to be in a very good place....hope this new year is a wonderful continuation of your journey.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. abby, unfortunately the dirty sock is his idea...

      Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Hi Misty, I love what you said about needed both the positive and negative experiences to grow. The dirty sock made me giggle too. It sounds as if you guys are in a good place ttwd wise. I'm happy for you.

    Wishing you the very best with your new venture and for the new year ahead.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz, believe it or not, that thought came to me in the shower, lol. I can laugh about the dirty sock as long as it is not in my mouth.

      Thank you so much!!

      Delete
  4. oh i would just die if a sock was stuffed in my mouth dirty or not (wierd foot thing). Best of luck to you and your Master on your new journey this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, scarlet, you are not the only one with a weird foot thing. I have a great friend that is the same way, she doesn't even like feet touching her feet, lol.

      Delete
  5. Misty,
    Always, new possibilities. That's the fun of this life thing. *grins*
    Wishing you a very Happy New Year! I hope the new business brings much success to your hearth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bleuame, it is sad that it has taken me so long to realize that possibilities can bring good things, not just bad... which makes life much more exciting to live :)

      Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Changes of the magnitude that you're going through are so very difficult, but you will get through it, and there will be light at the end of the tunnel. A few years ago I was going through similar changes. It was very difficult. Even now that I'm settled in, it's still not easy. But I like my new life, and you will like yours too!

    Wishing you a clean sock in your mouth, and a very Happy New Year!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tiklish. I know we have some rough times ahead but I have hopes that the light is really there.

      Hopefully they will stay clean!

      Delete

I like views, but I love comments, so... say something, would ya'?