Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Great Online Cookie Exchange Extravaganza!

Extravaganza is such a fun word, but pair it with cookie and you know you are on to something really good, so of course I couldn't resist joining in the fun! And a huge thanks to Jz for putting this together!

Even though I love me some cookies I decided to share something different -we all need a little variety- and these morsels will not disappoint you. Seriously, I know people that don't like tomatoes but they will eat these... they are just that good. And they are so easy to make. 

Behold my Tomato Pesto Bread

1 French Baguette sliced into half inch slices
Pesto
Roma tomatoes sliced into quarter inch slices
Parmesan cheese shredded

Spread half a teaspoon to a full teaspoon of pesto, then add a slice of tomato, and top with about a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese on each slice of bread.

Put the slices of goodness on a cookie sheet and place under the boiler. Do not leave your oven! When the cheese melts and starts to bubble take them out of the oven and enjoy. Easy peasy!

Note: These are best served warm, so if you plan to take them to someone house I would advise that you ask to use their oven instead of cooking them before you leave. 


Another note: If you do not use a lot of pesto don't fret, freeze what you have left over.


Before you run off to buy the ingredients please take a gander at the other's that participated...


Tom 


22 comments:

  1. I have a thing with tomatoes and them not being in my mouth. BUT, these are so pretty and might need to make them for company. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Master can't stand them either, he doesn't even want them to touch his food. They might be good without the tomatoes...

      Delete
  2. Misty,

    I'm the same as chikadee, don't like tomatoes but P does and he would like them. Thanks.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Ronnie! Master doesn't like them either but that's okay, more for me :)

      Delete
  3. I want that for breakfast...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I had these for my breakfast!! Turns out they're not so great with coffee but maybe after coffee.

      Delete
  4. What a cute little appy! Thanks Misty :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love tomatoes. My mum ate bags of them when she was pregnant with me and now I'm a tomato freak. Yum. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And here I was, wondering what to do with all the pesto in my freezer...
    I think I have it figured out now! :-D

    Glad you could join us. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help :)

      Thanks again for putting this together!

      Delete
  7. I love pesto, bread and tomatoes...mostly definitely have to try these! Thanks for sharing, Misty. ;)

    Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try them!

      Thanks for stopping by Cat

      Delete
  8. Mmm, love this, they look easy - and yet, it would look to company like I was organized and planned things, and COOKED!

    thanks,
    -sin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bada bang, bada boom, they are that easy.

      Thanks for stopping by, sin!

      Delete
  9. Mmm... the picture sold me lol. I have an even bigger weakness for breads and pastries than I do for cookies. I'm definitely going to try these! Thanks, Misty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way, I LOVE bread. You must try these!

      Thanks for reading, Angelina!

      Delete
  10. Hah, when i worked in a cafe i'd frequently make up something very similar with the end of a tomato and whatever pesto/cheese we had left in the fridge by the time i got my lunchbreak. Brought back fun memories. thanks!!

    -r.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could take you down memory lane! :)

      Thank you for the comment, rose!

      Delete
  11. Mmm, I bet this is delicious. Love tomato and pesto. And I'm making Italian for dinner tonight so might have to work this in with it, heh. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I like views, but I love comments, so... say something, would ya'?