Friday, January 31, 2014

A Special Day

I've been trying to find the time to post this all day but Master kept me busy doing completely mundane things. Now, however, the kids are in bed, Master is playing poker, and I can finally write. Better late than never, right?

Today is a very special day! 

This day, the thirty-first day in January, is Master's birthday! 

Thirteen years ago, the first birthday of Master's that we spent together, he told me that he was going to spend the rest of his life with me, which I doubt he remembers, lol. I do feel like pointing out that he did not ask my opinion, it was a matter of fact kind of thing, "I'm going to marry you," or something close to that. I didn't argue. I was only nineteen but I knew he was my one-and-only, he was my breath of fresh air in a life full of smoke... and he still is.

I feel so grateful for all this time he has spent with me and put up with me. I wish I could give him the world but, seeing as how I don't have that kind of money or connections, he will have to live with a new shirt and myself. I'm not so sure the latter is such a great gift but gotta take the good with the bad I guess ;).

I love you, Master. You are my everything and I would be less than nothing without you. Happy Birthday! 

10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your Master....it is a smart man who knows what HE wants..and needs. He seems to have found both!
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, abby. I am so proud he chose me.

      That whole "knowing what he wants" thing can be very frustrating at times however in this case I find it sweet :)

      Delete
  2. awwwww! A very happy birthday to him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how wonderful that your have found that love of your life. Birthday wishes

    L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wonderful! Thanks for the wishes, little.

      Delete
  4. A very Happy Birthday to your Master! Such a lovely post and reflection of your love Misty ... and the latter gift is the greatest of all :)

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Roz! Especially about the greatest gift, he might agree with you too, but I'm still not convinced.

      Delete
  5. Aw, I'm sure that you're even better than a shirt.

    Happy (belated) birthday.

    ReplyDelete

I like views, but I love comments, so... say something, would ya'?