Tuesday, April 15, 2014

In Remembrance

A year ago today the Boston Marathon was bombed, and as a runner (never mind how long it has been since I've laced up) this tragedy particularly hurts my heart. What an awful thing to work so hard to get to that race only to have something like that happen. My heart goes out to all that where involved.

Today also happens to be a day that holds another tragedy, but one that only effects those in this house. A year ago today, we had to say goodbye to my first baby. He may have been a dog, but he was surely my baby. There are days when I do not think of him, but he is still remembered and will always be.

6 comments:

  1. That's a lovely sentiment, dear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miss Emily. It was a hard day last year, but thankfully today was better.

      Delete
  2. This is such a lovely tribute Misty. The bombing was such a tragedy, can't believe it has been a yesr! I'm so sorry for your loss. Our pets become such a part of us.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz, thank you. It is sad that people can be so cruel. It doesn't seem like it has been a year, does it?

      Loosing my dog was one of the worst things I have ever been through.

      Delete
  3. ((((hugs)))) love and thoughts re both sad events xx

    ReplyDelete

I like views, but I love comments, so... say something, would ya'?