Wednesday, June 25, 2014

It's All Working

The new schedule is working out. There have been couple snags (isn't there always?), but for the most part it's working...or I'm working...whichever way you choose to look at it. Each week (I think we're on week 4, or is it just 3?) I get closer and closer to getting everything done, and it feels pretty darn good.

Turns out if you clean your house regularly, it's cleaner (one smart cookie, sitting right here, lol), so that's been nice.

Master has informed me that change is coming, and I'm patiently waiting for him to inform me of said changes.

I've been thinking a lot about how Master and I have changed. A lot of it seems to have been gradual thing. Like how I'm supposed to ask, or be told, to take a shower--how/when did that start?! And shaving, when was it decided that I need to shave "down there" every day? (Oh, that's right, that started when he started expressing how much he liked that *grins broadly*)

My attitude is changing as well. Take yesterday for example, I had washed the pans after dinner and left them to dry while I tended to other things. After the kids were in bed he tells me, "These are not done if they are still sitting here. There is no reason they should sit here longer than ten minutes." Normally, I would come back with something like, "I was picking up and getting things ready for the night! I wasn't just sitting around. I was about to put them away." This time, it was different, I nodded my head and said, "You're right," then I put them away.

What I've learned is, when I get like that (defensive) it's because I know he's right and I'm disappointed in myself. It's not that he's being unreasonable. While it is easy for me to take criticism from others, it has been difficult to humble myself enough to take his criticism. His opinion matters so much more than I realized.

I love seeing these changes, in him and I. It helps me to see that we are really doing this and we can make it work...I just need to be patient (sigh).

8 comments:

  1. Misty,

    Change is growth and growth is what makes a relationship thrive (in my opinion). Happy to hear you are settled and feeling good with all these changes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bleaume, we share the same opinion :)

      Delete
  2. I found when my house was organized my life is too . It's amazing when we let go ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lils, it does seem to help all around when the house is clean, and it is totally amazing when I let go!

      Delete
  3. Love reading these type of posts from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Misty, this made me smile:) so glad to read this and that the schedule is working and you are seeing positive changes. Change is growth :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz, the schedule has been nice, except for when I don't do great, lol. All these changes are great! Sure wish Master would tell me about these new changes that are going to happen!!! But I'm being patient...really I am ;)

      Delete

I like views, but I love comments, so... say something, would ya'?