Friday, July 25, 2014

About this Blogging Thing I Do

We all have our own blogging ways, this is a little about how I do it.

When I created my blog I told myself that I would write about my journey--I would be honest about it and I would be honest about me. It's not easy telling people how unperfect you are and when life isn't going how you want it to, but I set myself to it and that's what I do. 

It's uncomfortable writing about sexual things, but I have come so far since starting this blog, and now I'm okay with that uncomfortable feeling. I enjoy going back over it, as well as the challenge to put it on paper. 

I like writing funny posts, and musing posts, and the "about me" posts.

I have shared a little about my past--those I would rather forget about, but I can't find it in me to delete them. There are some other posts I would rather delete, the ones that don't shine a good light on me (and I cringe every time I see that someone has viewed it), but I can't delete them either.

When I read posts from others that aren't all butterflies pooping rainbows, it helps me. If no one wrote about those times, the times where we fall short from where we think we should be, I would be a complete and utter mess. Seriously, if you think I'm bad now...

That's why I push myself to write about the not-so-great times. 

When I first learned about my best friends grandpa, I wanted to write about it but I didn't. Sometimes when you put things on paper it makes them more real but, with this, is was more about me not wanting to...I don't know...sometimes I think I should deal with things on my own. I don't want to burden people, not that I think any of you are losing sleep over my problems, but you know what I mean, right? :)

Also, I am no longer searching for blogs, I don't click on peoples names unless someone finds me here. If someone new comments on my blog, I always check out their place (if they have one) and usually I will follow them. I have created a little corner and I'm comfortable here...I don't really feel the need to go searching for more, if that makes sense. Hope no one finds that rude, it's just how I want to do it.

Anyway, I love to see how people differ with their blogging, so please do not think this is me saying you should do it my way, because I love the way you blog...readers, writers, commenters, and non-commenters...I love the way all of you do it!

19 comments:

  1. Wow, what an wonderful post! I am am/was the very same way. At first I was always looking for certain that might take the uncomfortable edge off of what I was trying to say about something sexual. Frankly something that would cause embarrassment for me if it weren't for the anonymity of the blog. Like you, as time went on and posts began to mount up, I felt more and more comfortable talking about sexual things I've done, or would like to do, or have thought about or whatever ............ to the point now where I absolutely love telling it like it is (or was), "warts" and all.

    In any event, I enjoyed your post and I am in complete agreement that we are all unique in our own way, and to me, everyone's way is interesting to hear about.

    have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sub hub, thank you for the compliment!

      In the beginning of the blog (which was the beginning of our ttwd) it was super hard for me to write about sex. I remember the first time...lol...I sat there looking at that publish button for a long time, trying to remember to breathe. I even had trouble typing out "pussy" lol. In the 12 years before D/s, Master had probably only hear me say pussy a handful of times, no exaggeration. It's just not something I talked about, with anyone, ever. There are still things I have trouble talking about, but it's much easier now. :)

      Delete
  2. Loved this misty.

    Having not been allowed to blog for the last couple of weeks, read as well as write myself, honestly i missed it terribly, its the only interaction i have with others.

    I am more inclined to read blogs, and enjoy those that are not all sweetness and light, thats not to say im glad people have shit times lol, but i think its comforting to know, and to be able to say...yes! i get that.

    There are some of my older posts that i have been tempted to delete, but nope, because its how i felt when i wrote those posts, and plus i can look back and see how far i have come even when it seems like im back at square one lol

    i have rambled havent i!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tori, you just ramble on!

      It does take away some of the lonely feeling, I can imagine how you must have felt, but you're back now...just don't break that rule again!

      Yeah, I probably should have mentioned I don't wish people to have hard times, 'cause I really don't...oops! lol But, you're right it's so comforting to know I'm not alone.

      Sometimes just seeing the title posts (the ones I want to delete) is enough for me to think "ugh, glad I'm not there" lol

      Delete
  3. One of the many things i love the most about our blogging community is that there is great diversity...but also great acceptance. Most of us choose what we write about....and what we do not....i am pretty open about the good and the bad...life always is a mix of both.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. abby, the acceptance! I can't even tell you how much it has meant to me! It's a little overwhelming actually.

      I love what you share with us on your blog! Your relationship with Master...it really makes me look forward to the future, which is not something I normally do, 'cause the future scares me a little, lol.

      Delete
  4. For me, writing about the bad things as well as the good is so important. Writing helps me get through the times where I am hurting, struggling, and certainly not at my best. I actually have a much harder time writing about the good times. I'm happy to see other bloggers who are real in their posts, where it's not always rainbows and butterflies. Life is difficult sometimes. Thank you for being honest.

    xxx
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth, I do feel better after writing. It's almost like I release it somehow, or a little part of it anyway. You know, during the bad times I can find words easier, it's easier to describe how I feel--it's sharing it with everyone, that I find difficult.

      Delete
  5. I sometimes struggle to find the balance right for me - I find it all to easy to write about the bad, as the number of posts of mine that start 'i've been struggling' will attest! At the same time, I'm away I tend to be all gloom and doom about something that actually, will come out fine in the wash, so I do try and be positive or at least neutral. Not as ranty as sometimes I am tempted to be, anyway!

    At the end of the day, you have to find the way that's right for you - so glad you have :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mc kitten, I think during the difficult times is when it is easiest to write, that's why a lot of music is about troubled times. When we are happy, we are content, and it's much hard to talk about being content. It's hard for me to share with people when I'm going through hard times, I'm just so used to doing it on my own...

      I'm being cut short, Master is calling so got to go :)

      Delete
    2. Anyway, it's not really that I have a problem finding words when I'm upset, it's just that I have a problem sharing them.

      And I should have said "it's much harder to write about being content" :)

      Delete
  6. I like this post.

    It's not always easy to write about the crappy stuff, but I think it's good for everyone--us because we get to let it out somehow, readers because, yea, while we feel for each other, sometimes it's incredibly relieving to know that we are not alone in our human struggles with submission.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crap, can't seem to complete a thought these days! So...
      Insert "and other life stuff" After struggles with submission.
      Please and thank you!
      Done now.

      Delete
    2. lil, writing really is an amazing tool. I never knew just how beneficial it could be, before starting the blog. It really does help tremendously!

      Delete
  7. Great post Misty. I haven't been on my blog for ages. I miss it and hope to rectify that soon!

    I like posts that share the downs, in ttwd and life, as well as the good because they are real. I think it helps us as writers to process and work through stuff and reading lets us know we are not alone in our struggles.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz, I hope to see a post from you soon!

      You are so right!!! There seems to be many benefits to writing, and reading.

      Delete
  8. Great post Misty. The wonderful thing about this little blogging community is the diversity. I too have found my corner and visit those who I visit, plus new people who visit me and so on. I have been taking a break, because I needed to review why I do this. Post like this make me feel ready to start again. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joolz, I hope you do start again! Sometimes it is easy to loose track of why you started, not to say that why you write can't change...but I think as long as you stay true to writing what you want to write (not what people want to hear) is the important thing.

      And the diversity is beautiful!

      Delete

I like views, but I love comments, so... say something, would ya'?