Monday, July 21, 2014

Mother Effing Life

That's right...Mother. Effing. Life!

Sometimes it just plan sucks.

The hot water is out. Master, being the do-it-yourselfer that he is, can fix it, but (and I won't bore you with the details) in order to fix it, some pipes need to be replaced first, which he can do as well but...pain in the ass, I tell you! So, we have no water. He is stressed beyond belief. It's not just the water heater and the pipes, but that his girls don't have water. I love that he takes care of us this way, and that cares so much about it, but it's hard to see him this way and having no way to help.

The week before last, we found out my best friend's grandpa has cancer. It's in the advanced stages--all they can do at the point is try to stop it from spreading more and relieve his pain. My friend is much more than a best friend, she is more than a sister, I've known her since I was eight, and there have been times that she was my only friend. I love her and she is extremely important to my life, and my sanity. I haven't told her about our D/s because it's not worth the risk of loosing her, not that she would leave me, just...I'm not willing to leave it to chance. I digress. When she hurts I hurt, and she is hurting. Her grandpa is a good man, one that has helped countless people and has asked for nothing in return--it infuriates me that this has happened to him and his family! I can't do anything to help her either, not even a freaking hug, because she so far from me.

So, yeah, the two most important people in my life (beside my girls) are going through a stressful time and I can't do a damn thing about it...

Mother. Effing. Life.

13 comments:

  1. Life can just suck sometimes, i hear ya.

    Sorry to hear about your friends grandpa, but you are doing something by being supportive, a shoulder to cry on, and sometimes thats all thats needed.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, tori. I feel like such a bad friend, but you're probably right...I can tell she feels better after we talk.

      Delete
  2. Yeah...we have all thought that way. Breathe...one day at a time...and i am sure that even long distance your friend feels your love and support. {{{HUGS}}}
    abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. abby, *deep breath* one day at a time, okay, I can do that. It's so hard to just sit here doing nothing! *deep breath*...

      Thank you, abby!

      Delete
  3. *hugs* I am sorry to about your friends Grandpa.

    We have had to go through the water issue ourselves in the past, so not fun. Hang in there! (hugs)

    xx brat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. brat, thank you! It is so awful. I just want to...take it all away from them, ya' know?

      Yeah, it's no fun, but he is closer to getting it fixed--thank goodness!

      Delete
    2. I do know. :( I've lost several people to cancer, and have watched friends do the same. Cancer is so... horrible, and scary. Such a difficult thing to go through. That feeling of feeling helpless is so hard. You're being a good friend, and doing what you can do sweetie. And if you ever want to talk or just vent, feel free to email me. mortuarychick@gmail.com.

      Thank gods for handy guys,huh? Sir is the same way. :) xx

      Delete
    3. Ugh, SO sorry to hear that!! Death is one tragedy I don't have a lot of experience with...

      Thank you so much for offering your email, that means a lot! I'm pretty bad about reaching out (something I'm working on), but I might take you up on that.

      Delete
    4. Thank you sweetie. :)

      I very much understand that. No pressure, and there if you ever want to use it. :) xx

      Delete
  4. (((Hugs))) Misty. I'm so sorry things feel sucky at the moment and so sorry to hear about your friends Grandpa. It's so hard when you feel so helpless, but you are there with support and love and I am sure your friend feels that. Hope your water issue is sorted soon.

    Sending positive vibes your way.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz, the water issue is better, not completely fixed but we have water and it's hot (most of the time, lol). Thank you for your kind words, I do feel so bad for her...

      Delete

I like views, but I love comments, so... say something, would ya'?