Friday, July 25, 2014

Poker Night Rambles

Soooo, I logged on to reply to comments, I read some posts instead, and now I feel like writing. 

Could be because my drink is almost gone and I'm feeling a little chatty...and since I have no one to chat with, here I am. 

Master is off playing poker, of course, it's Friday...but you already know that, post title and all. 

Did you have any idea that water heaters need to be serviced once or twice a year? There's this crap that settles in the bottom of them and you have to flush it out...well, you don't have to, but if you want them to keep working (which is a plus) you should. Why did no one tell me this?! Thirty-two years I've been around and not a single word about flushing water heaters. Apparently, it's not part of common conversation...

LOL, oh my! Today, Master was outside watering some plants with the girls, and you know how kids are when they get around water. So, the four year old comes inside, tells me that she ran under the water and she wants me to see her do it. We go outside. An important bit of information: she does not like getting her clothes wet (even her bathing suit!), though she loves playing in water (don't try to understand, I don't get it either). Master holds up the water, his finger on the end so it's spraying and arched, I can see her hesitancy, but she runs through it. No problem, she's happy. Then she runs back under. lol! When she gets through it, she looks down at her shirt and starts crying--of course it's a "the world is ending" type of cry. I'm already laughing to myself. Then she stomps to the back door (so she can go change her clothes) and about half way there she yells, in the most serious, frustrated voice, "THIS ISN'T WORKING OUT!" Oh man, it was the funniest thing. I busted out laughing. I'm totally cracking up right now. The look on her face when she realized her shirt was wet...priceless. 

Well, I should probably go now, drink is gone and it's late...sure wouldn't mind a good spanking though...the crop hasn't been used near enough...just saying. 




12 comments:

  1. I gather your hot water issues are now resolved, yay! Thanks for the tip. I didn't know either.

    Oh my, the story of your daughter cracked me up. "This isn't working out" lol

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz, actually we will be finished with it today! Yay! We had to wait for the weekend to finish up.

      Lol, it was soooo funny! I wish I had it on video!

      Delete
  2. Hmmm...i never knew that either.....that was very funny about your daughter...her comment was the icing on the cake!
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. abby, glad I can inform some people about this!

      Yeah, I couldn't hold back laughing when she said that! Lol. Master said, "at least she didn't hear me laugh" :)

      Delete
  3. Yeah...the water heater thing...I've heard that before but I also heard that if you don't clean it from the beginning of it's life, don't bothering starting. It will cause more harm than good. Don't know though cause we never clean ours...LOL!

    That story about your daughter is absolutely priceless! I love those types of memories:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. little girl, you might be right! I think ours wouldn't have worked all that great if we got it cleaned out. We decided to just get a new one.

      Those types of memories are the best!

      Delete
  4. Never heard that about water heaters either, been in our house for 11 years and not once had it serviced. (I blame the landlord, we've rented the same place from the same lazy landlord for the past 11years.)
    Your daughter reminds me of my son, he has some sensory processing difficulties and it always cracks me up what he likes/hates. We just let him run in the sprinklers (in the back yard) naked except shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if you're renting than that's their loss :)

      So interesting to hear about your son! I might just have to see if she would have a problem going naked...

      Delete
  5. oh your 4yo has a spiritual twin over at hour house! So funny - so like ours, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mc kitten, that's so funny!!! She's can be so silly, lol!

      Delete
  6. Misty,

    Hot water is just one of those things I would so much prefer not to do without! Glad it's all fixed for you. And it's sounds like happy summer afternoons :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bleuame, tell me about it! So glad that is behind us.

      Gotta make the best of summer! :)

      Delete

I like views, but I love comments, so... say something, would ya'?