Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Further Thoughts

Back to the post before last (see here), I think what worried me was that I was/am going to lose myself, or get so caught up in D/s that I forget about everything else. One, it is ridiculous to think he would ever let me forget about everything else. Two, after reading the comments on said post, I have concluded that obsession is just part of the deal and I just need to get used to it. Three, this obsession is not a bad thing--I'm a better, happier person because of D/s, and anything that can do that, can't be bad.

And my last post (see here), sigh. I know I shouldn't mix the two -my dad, and Master-, but that's easier said then done. Logically, I know Daddy is just a name, but in my head it's more than that. It's a lot of illogical things that have nothing to do with the name or Master. However, I can't deny that when the name is applied to Master, it leaves me with a sense of security. One of the many things I can't help but wonder is, if I feel more secure because I lacked that security when I was a child...and, if that's so, I think that is really messed up.

I've read a few things on Daddy Dom's, and the name fits Master.

I don't know, the whole thing has got me really confused and I'm just not ready to explore my feelings, any more than I have done here. Maybe once it isn't so new...

And unless he tells me to do otherwise, Master will be used on the blog until...some point in time.

Also, it's very important that everyone knows that I'm only applying this to myself. I don't think others are messed up if they like/use the name Daddy. Truly, I have absolutely no judgement to pass there.

7 comments:

  1. Have been thinking over your last post, and its something i would find very difficult calling my Master daddy, but for very different reasons to yours, i still call my dad daddy so it just wouldnt seem right to me, it would make me uncomfortable, plus i dont see my Master as a daddy dom.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tori, it's hard to separate the biological dad from the name.

      Delete
  2. ((Hugs)) Misty, what's important is the sense of security this gives you. It does take time to get your head around it and get used to it.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Misty,
    Calling mine, "Daddy" would be severely uncomfortable for me, for many, many different reasons.

    But again, if it works for you? And why not learn what the Daddy-Dom dynamic is all about, it might ease the confusion, especially if he is supporting you in this.
    Do the reasons matter so much? If it makes you feel secure now and it adds something that feels right, then who cares where the need sprung from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bleuame, I have many reasons why it 'should' be uncomfortable...

      I had an inkling that he wanted me to call him Daddy, it took me 9-10 months to just ask him if he indeed would like it. If he didn't want this, I wouldn't have given it a second thought, maybe not even a first thought.

      I feel like my head is a really messed up place, which is cause for most my angst, I think.

      It shouldn't matter what the reason is, as long as it feels right, but...

      Delete
  4. I have the opposite problem - I'd love to call him Daddy but he's really not comfortable with it. Ah well!


    (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

I like views, but I love comments, so... say something, would ya'?