Friday, December 19, 2014

Under Construction

He read my post no more than two hours after I posted it--that in itself was enough to shock some of the angst out of me. "I see you posted..." he said. I wanted to crawl into a hole and hug him at the same time.

I think he was a little perturbed that I hadn't told him sooner and I told him via the blog, but, you know, with all the stuff we've had going on I didn't feel we had the time for it. It's not exactly the conversation to have while wrapping presents or when little ears around. I also didn't want to be one that added more stress to his life. Apparently he didn't feel those were justified excuses, "You have to talk to me more."... "There is no excuse."

The whole thing was like a wound that was never cleaned and left to fester. I really thought it would just go away without any help. I used to be able to do that! Guess it's different now...

We talked some while the kids were on the verge of sleep and again before bed with him in the chair and I on the floor. It's scary admitting to problems, and it's even scarier admitting problems to someone that holds your world and has the power to break it...

He isn't giving up on me, not even a little, which makes me so happy that tears are forming as I type. (Really, what have I done to deserve such a great husband?!)

I might feel different tomorrow, but I think writing yesterday's post was a good thing. All of your comments...I don't even know how to explain...just...thank you all so much!  Daddy is filling up my holes, but all of you are taking part in that as well.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't been around reading much so I have yet to see your prior post. But I do want to say that I am so glad you two are tackling Y/your troubles. I am always thankful for your support and was just about to blog my own update. We are always a work in progress, aren't we?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pearl, oh you don't have to read it, trust me. lol. (it's a little embarrassing).

      I'm running out of time here, but I will definitely read your update as soon as I can. Been thinkin' about you and your researching Man :)

      I need to find a picture that says "work in progress" to put on my blog!

      Delete
  2. Aww Misty, I'm so glad you did write that post and that he read it. So glad you two talked and that you are feeling better.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz, thank you! I'm SO happy I'm feeling better!

      Delete

I like views, but I love comments, so... say something, would ya'?