Friday, January 2, 2015

A New Year Begins

I'm in the mood to write, to muse on the worlds wonders through my fingers. I think this time of year does that to me. A years end, a years beginning. Years past, years to come. Years we can only learn about, years we can only dream. This is a time of reflection, a time to remember those that are no longer with us, and a time to see ways we can improve.

I think this is my least favorite holiday.

Don't get me wrong, I will take any holiday I can get...

I'm not one for New Year resolutions. Not many people hold on to them for the entire year (a lot can change in a year!) and I kinda feel like resolutions should happen more than once a year. Like maybe they should happen daily...if you're like me.

It's amazing to see how many people go to the gym this time of year versus...well, any other time of the year. Lol. And boy, does my gym eat it up--understandably so, needing income and all. I wonder if cigarette and alcohol sales go down...

Anyway, my gym does this 12 week challenge thing at the beginning of every year, and I've signed up for it (starts on the 16th). I got sucked in. lol. Kidding. Honestly, I needed the push. We've had so much "life" this year and as a result my body has taken a fall. A little fall, but a fall nonetheless. We all know what "falls" can do to our confidence...

It's not so much my size, but my jiggle that could use some work. And, you know, if I happen to go down a size or two while improving the jiggle, I wouldn't be disappointed.

They take a before and after picture that will be hung up, for everyone to see, when it's over--in other words, motivation is included, free of charge. Seriously, I will probably have nightmares of my two pictures looking exactly the same. I'm excited about it though.

I think Daddy will help me. He has made me go to the gym a few times the last couple weeks. Once on a cooold Saturday, while he and the kids were all snuggled up on the warm comfy couch. Humph. I complain but, I couldn't be more thankful that he cares enough to make an effort.

I hope all of you enjoyed your holidays and I wish you the best year!






12 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!! Its funny but I have felt like writing too. I think with everything leading up to the holidays, it just makes it hard to keep coherent thoughts, much less write them. Lol

    Good luck on your challenge!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. little girl, I think the holidays fried my brain, lol. Thanks for the luck, I'm going to need it!

      Delete
  2. Yeah for you...i bet you will rock this challenge.
    Happy New Year....and like you...i prefer to make my resolutions..changes...daily..
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. abby, it would be awesome if I rocked it! Just gotta stay focused...

      Delete
  3. Good luck! Rock it girl.

    Master was so nice to point out my jiggle will never go anywhere because I eat in the closet and I love food too much. Sadly, He is right - partially. The fact He gets excited by me helped put me in a comfort zone. I have more stamina when I exercise, so I need to get back in the program.

    I'm rooting you on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hs, I love food too, sigh, wish it was more of a survival thing. When I exercise, at least a few times a week, I feel so much better about myself, no matter what's in the mirror.

      Delete
  4. Hi Misty, I'm with you on new year resolutions. The challenge sounds great, cheering you on. You will rock it!

    Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year and a wonderful 2015.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you. I don't make resolutions, just set goals. Your challenge is a great goal/resolution. If nothing else you will be all the more healthier in the end. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spankingly, that is the most important part, being healthier. I'm not unhealthy, but I could be better...darn cookies, they get me every time!

      Happy New Year to you!

      Delete
  6. I hope that this year brings with it many wonderful events and experiences for you!

    ReplyDelete

I like views, but I love comments, so... say something, would ya'?