Friday, February 6, 2015

I'm on a Mission

I have come up with a few things that I'm going to do. They are non-challenging things (small steps, right?) that will give me something else to focus on besides all that didn't get done--things that I can tell myself, "At least I got that done today." 

  • I'm going to make the beds before lunch.
  • I'm also going to have all clean clothes put away before dinner.
  • I will to go to the gym three times a week. 

Told you they were easy...though, when you have kids even the simplest things can seem impossible at times.

I have even taken it a step further to ensure I do these embarrassingly easy things...

If I don't make the beds in time, I lose my morning coffee the following day. 

If I don't get the clothes put away, I lose my afternoon coffee the following day.

Yeah, I'm off my rocker, but I figure it's a way to cut out a little more sugar and fat from my diet. 

If I don't make it to the gym those three days, the following week I will not eat chocolate, candy, or any kind of sweets.

If this doesn't work, I will tweak it until it does, because I'm so tired of feeling this way. 

6 comments:

  1. Good on you Misty. Small steps right? And not always easy with kids around. Wishing you the best with your new plan!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Misty, so proud of you. Little steps are the key!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First step is a plan...you have a plan......first step...I am rooting for you.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. abby, thank you! It's so nice to have people rooting for me.

      Delete
  4. Hs, I often forget that little steps lead to big ones....

    ReplyDelete

I like views, but I love comments, so... say something, would ya'?