Friday, April 3, 2015

Answers for His slut: Plans and Favorite Time of Day

His slut, at Thoughts from His Slut, asked...

What do you envision for you and your family ten years from now? How do you plan on making it a reality? 



Oh hell, I don't know. I'm just trying to make it through the weeks. 

I do hope our business is booming and our kids are well behaved...I'm really worried about those teenage years! 

And maybe I will have a collar by then! Lol.


What's your favorite part of the day?


This is an easy one. About 7pm to the time we fall asleep.


Getting the kids to bed is a crazy time of day, but I really do love the whole process. I make sure they get bathed, they have a snack, watch a little TV, and then Daddy usually takes over. He brushes their teeth and reads them stories. I'm always listening in on them, soaking in the moments of a great dad with his perfect girls, which is priceless.

After he is done reading I take over again. The girls and I lay there and talk a little. I try to remember to ask them what their favorite part of the day was (I think it's good for them to go to sleep thinking about those good things), it's always interesting to hear what they say. Sometimes we sing. Sometimes I just give them a hug and kiss, if I have other stuff going on. It is just very...rewarding.

Then, of course, it's time for Daddy and I to do our thing, which varies from day to day. I don't think I need to tell you why that's included with my favorite part of the day. :)

8 comments:

  1. Love your post. Thank you. It's been a few days since I've been on blogger, so was nice to see a call out. Miss ya girl. I'll have to tell you about Goliath. Oh. My. Gawd!! Actually, I will need to blog about Goliath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hs, it's good to see you here! I'm curious about Goliath, you better tell me or I will keep wondering. Lol.

      Delete
  2. Hi Misty, this made me smile :) Loved hearing about your evening bedtime ritual with the kids. I love that you ask them about their favourite part of the day.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz, glad I could make you smile :)

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful way to end the day...for the whole family...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. abby, it really is wonderful...once you get past the whining and fighting. Lol.

      Delete
  4. Love that question, we ask it around here too.
    "What is your favourite part of the day?" puts the emphasis on appreciation and joy :-)
    Thanks for sharing your rituals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bleuame, it's an easy thing to do, to reflect on the good, huh? For the first time, last night the oldest asked, "Do you want to hear my favorite?" Talk about heart warming!

      Delete

I like views, but I love comments, so... say something, would ya'?