Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Enjoying the Perfect Unperfect

I stopped by Master49's place and read this, which got me thinking...

Daddy and I argue, disagree, and even fight. I make mistakes, just as he does. We each have our own faults...we are human after all.

Our house is not clean all the time. I forget to plan dinner. I don't always treat him like I should. Sometimes, I yell at my kids when I shouldn't. I'm not always eager to have sex. I'm not perfect. 

Nonetheless, no matter what faults I have, or what faults Daddy has, we are perfect. 

We are perfect together.

How can I say we are perfect, when we are so incredibly not perfect?

Because I'm not going to leave him because he squeezes toothpaste out of the tube wrong and he isn't going to leave me because there's dust on the bookshelves...I mean, how perfect is that?!

Seriously though, we will always fight for each other. We will fight to reconcile our problems. We fight to better ourselves for each other. We will fight whatever fight that needs to be fought, in order to stay together, and that is what makes us perfect.

And, to over complicate things, I'm not so sure "perfect" is a word we can apply to humans. If no one is perfect, and we are all different, how can anyone say we are not perfect? There is no example of a perfect human out there, so how did we ever come to a conclusion of what perfect is, or isn't? 

8 comments:

  1. Hmm..i think 'perfect' is different for everyone....Master and i are far from perfect individually...but together we are perfect for each other...and that is a precious thing. He makes me a better person...as i do for Him.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. abby, what a great way to put it, "everyone's perfect is different".

      I'm so happy you have him, abby!

      Delete
  2. What a 'perfect' view Misty. Phillip and I are far from perfect but we are perfect for each other too.I often think this applies to parenting too (especially when others out there like to get super judgy). I am far from the perfect mom and make tons of mistakes but I know I'm the perfect mom for my kids. I would not be the perfect mom for somebody else's kids. So it's okay if us mothers all do something different. If that makes sense...sorry if I'm not here. lol

    Your last paragraph is sort of making my head hurt from all the thinking though....lol.

    hugs,
    Aurora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aurora! What a great surprise to see you here!

      You made sense to me...I think it applies to parenting, also. We are perfect for them and they are perfect for us.

      Lol, sorry about the thinking, but me too! I have come to the conclusion that we may not be perfect in our actions, but we are perfect (in our own way) as a person.

      Delete
  3. Love this Misty. None of us are perfect, but we can be perfect for each other :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, the toothpaste...I really do feel that it should be squeezed from the bottom and neatly rolled up as it is used...Yea, it always looks like its been run over with the car.
    If I was in charge...! Lol.

    Sorry, I know there was no depth to this comment. I just got to thinking about toothpaste, you see...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lil, LOL!! It's such a pain when it gets low (and kinda looks unsanitary)! We wouldn't have to take the time (a *whole* minute!) to squish it all up to the top, if they would just push it up from the bottom! :)

      Delete

I like views, but I love comments, so... say something, would ya'?