Monday, June 1, 2015

A Little More About Fet

So, I've been on FetLife a few more times--I even wrote a little something. 
I've concluded that the five people in the area could be our friends, but nothing more.

My friend count has risen to two...yeah, I'm that cool. 

I don't feel like I fit there. Like even a little bit. Those of you that I have found here, you're one in a million in my world, just so you know.
I get nervous and second guess to the point that I say nothing. When I do comment, the stress that comes afterwards is awful. I know I can only be me, which is what I'm doing, but it is exhausting. 
I asked him to take over looking for...you know. Ugh. How am I ever going to...you know...if I can't even type what it is we're looking for. Well, I did mention what we want on my Fet profile, but still... 
He said he would take over the job. Thank goodness! 
I actively try not to judge people (in all areas of my life), Fet has tested this. I don't tend judge actions if they are...not stupid. I mean, if you want to pee on your loved one, okay. If you want to "force" someone to have sex with another, okay. If you want to rub blood all over your face and take a picture of it, okay. I might think you're crazy, but it's still okay--really, I don't mind, as long as it's done with a kind heart. If you put out an ad, on a sexual website, looking for someone to pick up your friend (who's car broke down on the side off the road) and give them a ride back home...
Who in the hell do they think is going to pick them up? A shirtless fireman, waiting to rescue a damsel in distress? 
Seriously people, are we trying to breed stupidity?

14 comments:

  1. Misty, I felt the same way about Fet at first. It was a bit overwhelming. Finally we went to our first munch and it helped. We met a lot of great people and started to expand our connections as well as broaden opportunities for other events. Give it a bit more time and look me up under NHGoddess. There are several of us hanging out on Fet. Hugs. K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. K, I am so glad you've gotten so much out of Fet! It just isn't meant to be for us, at this point in time. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh..Misty everytime i think i might check out fet life..i read something like the above...and decide i am happy as i am.....hope your fine more worthy friend...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abby, I think some of the stupid is so stupid that it's hard to see around it, lol, but it's not all bad.

      Delete
  3. Hey Misty! I have been on Fet now for a couple of years. I like some of the writings and some of the more artistic pictures. I steer away from the discussions. I couldn't stand to see thr drama that gets created. But I have met some great people...it just takes time and patience. I am there under nyghtbird if you want to look me up.

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. little girl, well, our accounts are gone, but if/when we make it back I will give it time. Thanks for letting me know who you are there!

      Delete
  4. I think Fetlife is like Marmite...you either love it or hate it lol

    Well, its not that i hate it, but i dont love it either, i log in perhaps a couple times a week, have a browse and move on.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tori, what is Marmite?! I will have to google it when I'm done here. :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Misty, I'm not on Fetlife and not sure if I want to be or not lol. Rick joined recently though.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz, you might enjoy it! It's worth a shot anyway.

      Delete
  6. Misty,

    With Fet, for me, sometimes less is more. And I think,no matter what you are looking for, being honest and to the point works well--be that just making friends or something else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bleuame, my profile was a little about me, and "we are here to learn a little, make some friends, and maybe even find a woman to play with". I did try to keep it simple. Anyway, doesn't really matter now...

      Delete
  7. (((hugs))) i'm m c kitten on fet, feel free to friend me if you want. It took a while for me to find some groups where I feel comfy, but it was worth it!

    and yeah, there is some whopping car crashing stupidity on there but then it's a forum, forums are like that. I used to be on forums way back in the late 90's so it doesn't bother me, in fact in moderation it's almost part of the appeal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mc kitten, I've never done the forum thing. It would take some time getting used to it.

      Delete

I like views, but I love comments, so... say something, would ya'?