Friday, August 28, 2015

Almost Home

The last day of our trip is finally here. Tonight (well, technically tomorrow morning), I will sleep in our bed, with him. I can feel the weight of the world lifting off my shoulders and clean air filling my lungs already.

I feel like the kids and I have done everything under the moon -a movie, the circus, museums, a sandy beach, and more, lots more-, everything but relaxing. This trip wasn't about relaxing though, it was about family.

I did get two nights with my best friend and they were everything I knew they would be. She is an awesome aunt to my girls. It's hard living so far away from her...

Anyway...

The first week away, I sent him a few pictures, which he requested. :)

One of those nights I was so tired that I told him that I would pass...he still got his picture. Lol. I was in bed doing my best to fall asleep, but couldn't. I sighed and took the damn picture.

Another time I sent him one without him asking. (Go me!)

However, the second week, there were a couple of nights that I really did pass (I will not feel bad. I will not feel bad. I will not feel bad. I will not feel bad.), because I was far beyond tired.

Besides that, there was no sexual stuff or even thinking about sex stuff. I'm pretty good at pushing those feelings aside when they aren't a possibility...actually they aren't even pushed aside because they just aren't there. Yet, something interesting happened...

I had a dream! (Insert MLK voice.) Not of equality of men, but of someone tying me up and ripping open my shirt. Crazy! I mean it's, CRAZY. These things just don't happen to me. That's all it was, just me tied to a chair and that short act. I was so surprise that I woke up and couldn't even be turned on by it (despite it being hot)...it was just so out of my ordinary. Lol.

I hope all of you are doing well and enjoyed the past two weeks.

9 comments:

  1. Have to love aunts like that! They are a rare breed.
    Sometimes its just easier to feel bad and admit that you feel bad than trying to talk yourself out of a feeling.If he didn't take issue with it, you shouldn't.That dream, that scene is a very easy one to put into reality!

    Happy to hear that you had a great take away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bleuame, she is a rare one indeed.
      I'm still working on that "just feel what you feel" thing. It's just that he rarely asks and the next day, after I slept, I starting feeling bad.

      We did have fun, but I'm happier back at home. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Misty, glad it sounds like you and the kids have been having lots of fun and how awesome to spend time with your best friend. Hope you have a wonderful reunion. Maybe you can turn the dream into reality :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz, there wasn't one day that we didn't do something--we definitely got the most out of our trip.

      Delete
  3. sounds like a great time away and plenty to keep you busy. Enjoy your home coming and everything it entails.
    Lindy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Lindy! I'm pretty sure this is your first comment here, thank you for taking the time to do so. I love seeing new people around my place. :)

      The trip was great and the homecoming was even better.

      Delete
  4. I am glad you had a great time. It's always good to get away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, I'm glad the kids had so much fun and it was really great to see my family, but I don't want to do it again anytime soon. Lol.

      Delete

I like views, but I love comments, so... say something, would ya'?