Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Has it Really Been that Long?!

The kids and I will be leaving soon. I keep telling him that I really don't want to go and he keeps telling me that I do--we are probably both right. 

The kids are going to have a blast doing all the things we have planned. 

I'm going to see my best friend. We will sit on her couch after the kids go to bed, drink in hand, and talk. Just talk, for hours, until we can't stay awake any longer, and I will be so tired the next day, but it won't matter because I miss her that much. 

But, he won't be there...

For TWO weeks...

And I don't know what that's going to be like...

Anyway...

I have a few important days coming up while I'm gone and didn't want to miss the chance to mention them.

The blog will be two years old (on the 18th, I believe)! Isn't that the craziest thing you've ever heard? I have no idea where the time has gone. Thank you all, so much, for being here--it means a lot to me, much more than I could ever express.

Which also means Daddy and I have been at this whole thing for two years. Sometimes it feels like I'm at the beginning, but we really have come a long way, don't you think? (Don't answer that. Lol.)

Most importantly, fourteen years ago (on the 21st) I went to a baseball game with a man that would turn out to be my partner for life. If anything has made me believe in destiny, it is him. It was not chance nor luck that brought us together. 

Daddy, I love you so fucking much. You better take care of my heart while I'm away...or else! 

6 comments:

  1. WOW...lots to be thankful for. Time with girl friends is a special kind of recharging...enjoy it! I am so glad you started blogging, i look forward to your posts...so here's to at least another 2 years. Happy anniversary to you and hubby...destiny can be wonderful....i know from personal experience..:).
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Misty, congratulations on your blogiversary and two years in ttwd! I'm so glad you started blogging and always enjoy visiting here. Thank you for the support and encouragement you have given me.

    Congratulations on 14 years! Yep, destiny can be wonderful :) Have a wonderful time visiting your friend.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Misty. I think getting away from the daily routine is just what you need now. I am glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im sure you will have a lovely time, 2 years gone by already, it hardly seems like it!

    But mostly congrats on the 14 years together, like Roz said destiny can be a wonderful thing, and look how far you have come just in the time you have been blogging.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Misty,

    Have an incredible time away! It is so cool that you have someone like that in your life (yay!) and congrats on two years. You've only been here two years?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops, I missed the 2 yr Anni of my blog. Congrats to you and your Daddy. Good luck on your trip. Try and have fun.

    ReplyDelete

I like views, but I love comments, so... say something, would ya'?