Monday, September 28, 2015

Running Music Delima

I started running after we had kids. I even remember the moment I decided that I wanted to run. I had been stuck in the house for a million years and I was sitting at the dinner table looking out the window longing to be outside, then I saw someone running. And that was that.

It took one run to figure out I needed music.

I started out listening to what I always do, however, it didn't take long to figure out that even though I couldn't breathe I still wanted to sing along. Like, out loud. Not only is my singing not made for public consumption, but when you're running, breathing is kinda important...I don't need to explain why it's not a good idea to sing when you're new to running, right?

So, I switched genres and was soon running to guys singing about women bending over and touching their toes on the dance floor, getting more ass than a toilet seat, and drinkin' Hennessy. It totally worked for me. They had a good running beat, I didn't know the words, and I was entertained.

I've started singing along...

Not only that, but...

It kinda makes me want to dance.

We're getting into some serious territory here. 

Let me be clear. This is what I feel like doing...

 

Which would totally work, if my dancing wasn't worse than my singing! 

Seriously, picture this young lady as a 33 year old woman, and you have me...

 

Well, okay my dancing isn't too bad after I've had a few drinks, but I'd hate to think about what would happen if I tried to dance while running after drinking. *shutters*

But, sometimes you just gotta do a little dance, you know?! So the other day I couldn't help myself and gave it a go (not at the gym!!). 

I almost fell.

Needless to say, I need to find some new music. 

I'm thinking Classical.

16 comments:

  1. Yah. I don't get the appeal to running.
    Totally understand that longing to be outside more than anything feeling.
    I absolutely would have fallen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bleu, you might like it! I have found it to be a lot like submitting.

      Any given run can leave you breathless, empowered, broken down, sore, stronger, more in touch with your soul and body, etc. Sometimes I'm excited to go, but hate it once I'm actually doing it, until it's over, then it feels awesome. Other times, I dread going, but love it once I start, and don't want to stop. Sometimes it makes me giggly, other times it makes me cry...

      I could keep going. Lol.

      Did I talk you into trying it? ;)

      Delete
    2. Nope. Pretty much cemented my reasons for hating the very thought of it.

      Delete
    3. Bleu, LOL!!! I can't say I blame you.

      Delete
  2. Running for me BLAH...for you great job girl! I am such a klutz i can hardly walk on the treadmill and stay on.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. abby, I do try to stay away from treadmills--not only are they boring but I think they're dangerous. Lol.

      Delete
  3. LoL Misty, and good on you! Walking is definitely more me :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz, (aka Ruiz), I enjoy walking also, but I just don't have time for it. Oh, and make no mistake, when I run, there's walking in there too. :)

      Delete
  4. I'm so not a runner. I'd get frustrated with all the stuff in my head and not being able to write it down. It just feels like time I should be doing something else. I'm more of a sprinter.. short sharp bursts of agony and then collapse in a heap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DF, oh yes, I understand feeling like you could be doing all that stuff that needs to get done, but the thing is, it will be there when I'm done. ;)

      I hate sprinting!!!!

      Delete
  5. I ran in high school and for me it was an escape from the rest of the world. I just need anything with a strong beat to keep me going. I still get out once awhile, but now it's just to stay in shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, yes! That's what running is to me--it has kept me sane many a day. A good side effect is getting in shape.

      Delete
    2. And bet Master wants you into shape. I better be to keep up with want he wants to do with me. :)

      Delete
    3. Jen, it definitely doesn't hurt

      Delete
  6. Have you run in any races yet? I started 10 years ago and haven't looked back since. To me it is "freeing"! I ran the first 5 years with music and then just one day I forgot my earplugs and I actually found I enjoyed it much more without music. (horrors I know!). Now I just sort through my life, my day and most mornings in my head, I can't even remember much of the run because mentally it takes me away to a place that I guess I need to go to be productive for the day.

    Glad you are enjoying it and understand the benefits. Just be careful out there!

    ~faithful


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. faithful, I have ran some races. I loved everyone of them (even the one that was windy, rainy, and cold). You know, I forgot about running without music! A couple of those races highly discouraged music. I did run once, before the race, to see what it was like, and it was kind of peaceful. I'm kicking myself for forgetting about that. Lol. Next run will be without music!

      Running has done a lot for me--it has a special place in my heart :)

      Thanks so much for the comment, faithful. You be careful, too!

      Delete

I like views, but I love comments, so... say something, would ya'?