Monday, October 12, 2015

One at a Time

One thing led to another and it ended with him telling me that I'd better not say, "I can't," again. That was just after the paddle found my ass, twice. I know, I know, two times doesn't seem like a lot, and it's really not, but it was more than enough to get his point across.

I have written about this "paddle" before. It really deserves a name of its own--That Thing, maybe? He took a piece of wood, carved a handle into it and, voilĂ , pain. I look at That Thing and see this huge piece of wood (seriously, it takes up the entire room!), but it's something close to an inch thick, two inches wide, and two feet long. Point is, it has absolutely no give and it freaking hurts. I want to run away when I see it.

Of course, it's not just the paddle that hurts -why it made its way into his hand hurts more-, so maybe under different circumstances we would get along, but I really hate That Thing. 

So, last night, he got it out because I wanted to measure it. Yeah, didn't really think that one through. It hurts worse when I'm in trouble but, then again, I know he didn't use the same force. After that, I'm thinking hate might be too strong of a word, nonetheless, I still don't like it. I never did get around to measuring the darn thing. 

It was put away for the longest time and I didn't miss it, not once. Sadly, I've felt it twice since we started the change.

He tied me up the first time, felt it for a couple of days... Never underestimate a practical man and his money.

Anyway, this time was hard on both of us. Boy, did I need it though! I was overwhelmed before, super upset for about thirty minutes afterwards, then...the fog lifted.

He even bought me chocolate (a little later that day)! Oh yeah, I'm a lucky girl.

Since then, I've been trying to take one thing at a time, just like he told me to, and for the most part it has worked. I know my To Do list will get the best of me again, but hopefully it will be awhile before that happens!

10 comments:

  1. Yikes! I don't think I would like that paddle very much either!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. little girl, right! He sure does seem to like it though...

      Delete
  2. Master has a big heavy paddle ball paddle that He bought for one dollar at a garage sale...I would gladly pay anyone a lot more than that to get rid of it. It is the punishment paddle.....and I know exactly how you feel about the paddle.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. abby, winter is coming up, maybe mine will be mistaken for firewood. lol.

      I'm sorry and not sorry you know how I feel about it...you know what I mean, right?

      Delete
  3. Oh yikes Misty, that paddle sounds super ouch! I'm glad the fog lifted though, and that you got chocolate :) One thing at a time.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz, it is super ouch! The chocolate was wonderful, managed to make it last until this morning (yes, I had chocolate for breakfast, so what?! lol).

      Delete
  4. The worst is the paddle Master has with studs on it. I can't sit for a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, *wide eyed* shhhhhh, don't say stuff like that! We don't need any more ideas over here. ;)

      Delete
  5. Yep. He has a paddle like that here, too.
    Sounds like he is taking over your brain more and you sound happy about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bleu, somehow I missed replying to your comment!

      I'm so happy with the new developments :)

      Delete

I like views, but I love comments, so... say something, would ya'?