Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Is it Spring Yet?

I've wanted to write. I come here, start a post, and after some back and forth I delete it and move on. Mind you, I haven't had a lot of time to write. First it was pre-Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving, then PMS and not being sure of my feelings, followed by a misunderstanding, ending with life.

All in a week of Misty. ;)

PMS... I'm pretty sure my body is out to get me.

Misunderstanding... He thought I was purposefully not doing chores and acting like I was, to get punished. Hello, Thanksgiving and PMS. I cannot be held accountable for my actions while dealing with PMS (okay, maybe I can, but still). Yes, I could have been better behaved, but he had my motives all wrong. I didn't have a motive. Honest mistake. It is nice to know he won't put up with that kind of nonsense from me--pretty freakin' sexy, if you ask me.

Life... This week (is it over yet?) has been busy. I'm determined to manage my time better, so I dusted off the old schedule, revamped it, and I've been at it for about three days now. Forever, I know. Sure, it's too soon to tell how awesome I will be at getting it all done (ahem), but so far I'm holding up. The business is having a great week, which is a welcome surprise for this time of year, but it seems to have sucked all the energy out of us.

It is beyond cold here. We've lived here ten years now and I still haven't gotten used to it. Winter temperatures back home are a lot like spring temperatures here. My mom started to tell me that once it's cold, it all feels the same... I happen to know that -20 °F is nothing like 30 °F. I never knew air could be painful until I moved here. We have come close, but we haven't quite reached those low temperatures this year (or the past couple years), but if we keep going at this rate I'll be a Popsicle by the end of January. Not cool.

Well, I know when I start talking about the weather, it's time to go. :)

Oh, and don't forget about the cookie exchange coming up! If you want to join, email Jz soon!

7 comments:

  1. Yikes! That is COLD. You might want to stay in troublesville just to keep warm! Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, you're tellin' me! I'm not sure why I agreed to move here...

      Delete
  2. Come visit me...we just had the warmest November ever...and no snow yet...none in the forecast..almost unheard of. I am sure we will pay at some point, but I am loving it. For so many reasons this is always a tough time of the year....yes there is joy , there is fun, but lots to do and stress also. Good to hear from you...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. abby, I'm packing now. :)

      Last winter was mild and spring came about a month early (we were lucky), so this must be our payback. I really hope it warms up, if only ten (or forty) degrees.

      Good to see you here!

      Delete
  3. I'm Canadian, and living in the WRONG COUNTRY! LOL. While not all of Canada is under ice and snow in the winter, my area generally is. BUT like abby just stated we have had the warmest November on record and no snow yet. I think it is cute by the way when people tell me in F how cold they are, but I give you credit -20 F IS actually cold.

    I give you credit for saying that you find it sexy that your man won't let you get away with excuses. Barney has a tendency at times to 'tell' me what my motives are, and I have a tendency to want to punch him in the throat when he does! LOL. Seriously nothing makes me more upset than when he tells me I am doing abc because xyz. Although I have to say he has never accused me of WANTING a punishment! *shiver*

    Happy to hear about your business.

    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. willie, my mom was telling me how "nasty" their weather was, raining and 45°, I don't feel sorry for her one little bit. Lol. We aren't that far from Canada and I don't want to get any closer!

      Oh, I only feel that way now! When he told me what he was thinking, I'm surprised I didn't punch him in the throat. Seriously. In all fairness to him, punishment has been...ummm...touchy, since the beginning. I've grown since then though and I can take it or leave it (but I *really* want it to be a part of our dynamic). I don't want to be one that acts up to "get it" and I don't want him to let my excuses slide either!

      Thank you!!

      Delete
    2. Ok, the punch him in the throat comment made me literally laugh out loud! =)

      Delete

I like views, but I love comments, so... say something, would ya'?