Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Just Coffee?

It is so simple that it feels kinda silly that it would have any kind of impact. I mean, it's just coffee. 

Before, I made his coffee every once in awhile--a few times a week. It was nice to be able to do it for him, but it made no difference in my day. 

Now, however, I've made it everyday, circumstances be damned, for over a week (eleven days, but who's counting). 

He has gotten up before me a couple of times and I knew he would make the coffee. I was so certain I started feeling unneeded. Ahem, anyway... To my surprise, he came back just to tell me to get up and make the coffee.

"Go make coffee." 

Those words have been a great start to my day, they might even be better than the coffee itself, but let's not get carried away. 

I think it just gets me in the right mindset before I have time to let anything else in, you know? 

I guess it's not just coffee, it is coffee with a splash of meaning.



15 comments:

  1. Coffee to get the body going...the order to make coffee to get the reast of you going..I get it!:)
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. abby, yep, you get me. You usually do. :)

      Delete
  2. It is coffee, with a splash of meaning =) Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pearl, thanks! And you're right, just enough "nothing" to change the dark.

      Delete
  3. Oh this sounds like our house. Seriously, although it has been longer than 11 days, but before ttwd, even WELL into it, I didn't even know how to make his coffee. I would sometimes make the pot, but not his cup. I have since learned.

    It most likely gets his body going too!

    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. willie, he is one of those "I do it myself so it gets done right" people, so it's a pretty big deal for him to trust me with it (because he'll drink it no matter what--can't be wasteful). I poor and add sugar, he doesn't trust me to add the milk. Lol!

      It is interesting how ttwd helps us to get to know our partners in a way we never did before.

      Delete
  4. I just want to say I have just finished reading your blog from the beginning. What a journey and thoroughly enjoyable. I'm glad to be caught up now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daisy, I can't thank you enough! Seriously, such a compliment deserves more than I can give on a comment!

    It has been one crazy journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Just coffee"...Is any of it really "just" what it seems to be on the surface? Now you have me thinking...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope.
      Not with those sadist types, nothing is just, just.

      Delete
    2. lil, I sure do see a lot more meaning lurking around since we started D/s...

      Delete
  7. Hi Misty,
    Catching up here.
    Wow this is what I have been trying to explain on the flip side. It is not just about you (or him) making the coffee; it is about doing it for him and more. Wow - this is it. Again, I just wish I could explain it better form the flip side.
    Best always,
    Enzo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enzo, exactly...it's the why, not the what.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Nice.
    Its him directing and taking control and you responding, your dynamic in motion here. But also, its his acceptance of your submission.

    (I absolutely would cry if mine woke me up for any reason these days but this made me think fondly of when he used to)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bleue, "acceptance of your submission"...this gave me pause because I didn't see it. But YES, it is, isn't it?!

      (I know exactly where you are coming from.)

      Delete

I like views, but I love comments, so... say something, would ya'?