Tuesday, April 26, 2016

If You Give a Slave a Blog and Two Kids

I'm in another blogging funk. I sit to write and my mind starts to wonder.

You know how it goes, right?

You open a blank page and wait for inspiration to smack you. The curser blinks and blinks, and when it turns blurry you glance out the window and admire the green grass and plants coming to life. Then, you look down and see that you need to sweep (for the 10th time, and it's not even 2pm), which turns into sweeping half the house (wood floors are awesome like that). You end by a bathroom that needs to be cleaned today (and it's almost 2pm, so you better get it done), and as you're doing all this you write posts in your head that end with baking bread...which reminds you that you haven't eaten lunch.

Have you ever read If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, by Laura NumeroffIt's a lot like that, but this book would be called, If You Give a Slave a Blog and Two Kids.

I haven't been reading blogs either...

I'll get back in the swing of things.

I just need to put some clothes in the drier first.

And clean out that closet.

And I probably should pull some weeds before they get too bad...




15 comments:

  1. LoL Misty, I know all about being in a blogging funk and lacking inspiration. It's easy to get distracted away from it isn't it?

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz, I have been easily distracted. I think I let it happen though...

      Delete
  2. I hear you! I'm in a blogging funk too and ive only just started it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daisy, I think you'll find that it comes and goes.

      Delete
  3. I call it the "and then" syndrome. It's followed me my whole life so don't feel alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh, that would have made a perfect title, "And Then". Glad I'm not alone in this. :)

      Delete
  4. I vote for a "Give Your Slave A Maid and Nanny Day", right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bleue, oh, that should totally be a day! And it can't replace Mother's either.

      Delete
  5. Glad that I am not the only one. I love being here in blog land but unfortunately, sometimes it is put on the back burner when it should be in the front

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blondie, it is so nice to see you here. :)

      I think sometimes we have to carve out the time and other times you just can't force it.

      Delete
  6. LOL...I always say I'm having an " If you give a mouse a cookie day". Currently my house has played victim to it. You know resurfacing the deck, so that means things need to be moved, better find space in the storage room, oh now I need to clean out old sporting equipment. Blah, blah, blah. LOL

    As for writing? Maybe you don't need to at the moment. You know there is no rules for engagement here. Come and go as you need.

    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. willie, lol, we just decided to put the girls in separate rooms so, of course, every room in the house is being rearranged. At least I thought it through!

      I can't decide if I don't need to write or if I'm avoiding it...

      Delete
  7. Goodness do we just share more than we know?!?! =)

    The blank damn page......kind of taunts me each time I log in! Keep trying, maybe one time you will be struck with something. (maybe I will too......)

    XOXO Pearl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pearl, I have no clue how I missed your comment...

      I love writing, I get so much out of it, and it's soooo frustrating when nothing comes out!

      Delete

I like views, but I love comments, so... say something, would ya'?