Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Reality

A week from today, almost down to the hour, the kids and I will be on a plane, headed almost two thousand miles (as the bird flies) away from him.

What I'm feeling is nothing I've experienced before. Last fall, when we left for two weeks, I didn't feel this way. Well, maybe a fraction of what I'm feeling now.

We'll only be gone for a week this time.

I'm on edge, jittery, overloaded, anxious, and sad, which is coming out in a most disapproving way.

I'm excited to see my grandmother and the ocean is always regenerating.

But...

Who is going to make his coffee?!

Or, in other words, what am I going to do without him?


14 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet post my friend! I hope your time away is regenerating overall. XOXO Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww :) When you return you can make up for not having made his coffee ;-) I hope you enjoy your trip :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mala, I'm pretty sure I haven't seen you here before, thanks for commenting!

      I'll be sure to make up for it. ;)

      Delete
    2. Hmm... perhaps I never commented before... but I do remember reading some of your blog a few years ago before I stopped blogging... glad to you see you still are :)

      Delete
    3. Mala, you might have. At one point I could keep up with who had commented here, I'm not so great at it now that I've been blogging for almost 3 yrs.

      Delete
  3. Ah...while you are missing Him every single day...you are going to make some wonderful memories for yourself and your kids! Them come back and have a terrific reunion with Him...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. abby, you're right. I need to focus on that!

      Delete
  4. Lovely post Misty, I hope you have a wonderful trip and family visit. When you're missing him, just focus on the wonderful reunion you will have :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz, I'm already looking forward to the reunion. ;)

      Thank you!

      Delete
  5. It sounds like you like him!
    Getting on a plane and seeing the ocean....ahhh! Bliss! Hope you have a lovely holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bleue, he is one of my favorites. :D

      I could do without the plane rides (it's the layovers I hate) but the ocean I love with a passion.

      Thank you!

      Delete
  6. You will be fine, have a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daisy, I will be fine. I will be fine. I will be fine. I will be fine. I will be fine. I will be fine. I will be fine. I will be fine.

      Delete

I like views, but I love comments, so... say something, would ya'?