Thursday, July 14, 2016

Ignoring Responsibilities?

Maybe I should write about not leaving blogland more often. :)
I love all the comments and interaction on my last post! Seriously, you guys are going to give me a big head.

I started in a hormonal funk, then moved to a blogging funk, now I'm in a I-have-too-much-shit-to-do funk.

I checked out two books at the library. Two! I knew better.
I found these free online courses, I signed up for five or six of them. (I want to learn, darn it!) All start at different times, but some overlap, there's three going on right now. I have no clue why I did that.
The house is a mess. I can't freaking keep up (kids...).
Weeds are starting to take over the garden again.
Summer is half over and I need to do more fun stuff with the girls. (Very important to me.)
I haven't been baking bread, or planning dinners (it's a rule *sigh*), or exercising.

The list just goes on and on.

"Why are you here blogging?" I hear you ask.

Because...I'm lazy? I don't know!

I know I'm overwhelmed by it all.
And I want to hide in front of the computer.

Someone died yesterday, while they were on vacation. And I can't do anything to help.

It's times like this that I want him to control me more.
I want to feel the (metaphorical) whip crack behind me.
I want to find a spot at his feet, and just be.

But, I feel like I should take care of my responsibilities before I ask for such things. Sure, I know it would help straighten my thoughts out, but I kinda wonder if it enables me, in a bad way...

That's it. I'm off to clean...or bake bread...or pull weeds...

15 comments:

  1. I knew better but have three courses going through https://www.edx.org .
    Aren't part of your responsibilities to ask for such things? *justsayin*

    *hugs Misty* Summer can be such a drag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edx.org is one that I signed up for, too. The other one I found was futurelearn.com . Fun stuff. Glad I'm not the only one who has fallen in the trap.

      I don't know if it is part of my responsibilities... I should probably ask, huh?


      Delete
    2. Isn't all the free learning awesome?! Ah noooo! Nooo not another one! I can't look!
      Oh...I looked...that one is all artsy and stuffs *willneedmorecoffee*

      Asking never hurt *that much* ;-p

      Delete
  2. Hey Misty, Two days ago Eric left for work before I even got out of bed. I've been feeling the same way (can't get moving on the huge list of things I need to do) but didn't want to "involve" him. Well, screw that. This is a partnership. I got his belt out of the closet and took a picture of it across my ass, one with it on my breast and one with it laying on my hips. I texted him, "The theme of the day," and included the pictures. He's home tomorrow. We are BOTH geared up and ready for a major reset. Play with your mood and your man; then get a babysitter. Lol. Have fun! Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, good for you!!

      But, the thing is, I wasn't really in the mood for it, I just needed it. Does that make sense? Nevertheless, all is well now. :)

      Finding a babysitter is a very good idea, we could use some time alone.

      Delete
  3. Hi Misty, I agree with the others, tell him. Good luck with the courses :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. argh, pushed publish too soon. Meant to say, love the new banner :)

      Delete
    2. Roz, I'm trying to keep up, but it's not going so well. ugh.

      Isn't it great?! I love it.

      Delete
  4. Ah yes, I know it well. It would appear that summer and the kid's lack of schedule seems to extend to all aspects of our lives. OH but I have great intentions though!

    I understand what you are saying about wanting him to help you back and yet knowing you should be doing your thing too. All I can say is, that he is probably more lax because of the season too. I mean we are all human right? And at least in our house, that coupled with the fact that I am NOT doing as I should 1) leads me into a larger funk and 2) has him not trying either.

    My advice? One foot in front of the other. Start small, it becomes contagious. You just have to start.

    Now I am off to do my sh*t too! ..........maybe

    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like he shouldn't have to give me pushes, unless he wants to, but then I start feeling scattered and kinda lost. It's stupid.

      I think you are on to something though... "one foot in front of the other".

      Delete
  5. I don't know what happened to my comment haha but I just said tell him Misty it he will help you deal with your tasks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daisy, one of these days it will sink in...

      Delete
    2. Hehe it will Misty, I promise. The word that helps me in the term power exchange is EXCHANGE! you are exchanging power to him because you need it. Hope that helps :)

      Delete

I like views, but I love comments, so... say something, would ya'?